Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tea For Two Minutes

I'm not a political blogger. I swear. I leave such a task in the able hands of people who actually follow and know or thing or two about this maddening realm of organized society. But I couldn't help but share this well-articulated -- and obviously left-friendly -- Rolling Stone article on the Tea Party movement (news of which terrorizes my sensibilities on a daily basis):

If you're only up for reading one paragraph, make it this one:

A hall full of elderly white people in Medicare-paid scooters, railing
against government spending and imagining themselves revolutionaries as they cheer on the vice-presidential puppet hand-picked by the GOP establishment. If there exists a better snapshot of everything the Tea Party represents, I can't imagine it.

We're treading dangerously close to Idiocracy territory, folks. Pay attention, stay informed, and don't forget to think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across an old post of yours and would like to know if there are any updates, as the information is almost 1 1/2 years old. That post is http://captainbs.blogspot.com/2009/02/internet-explorer-mobile-and-file.html

Bob

Capt. BS said...

Hi Bob,

Alas, the information contained in that post was as far as I got toward resolving the problem. At some point, I just had to move on and trust that rapidly-evolving mobile web browser technology would solve it sooner than later. I haven't checked whether this is the case with the latest IE Mobile, but you'd have to think that it won't be an issue with Windows Phone 7.

Best of luck to you... and if you happen to find a solution that works, feel free to share it here!